Fatty Liver Treatment
For fatty liver treatment, to date, there is no effective way to combat nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) or NASH.
However, don’t despair.
There is research that shows that a change in diet and exercise routine can reverse the disease and restore liver function. It is important to note that weight loss must be done slowly at a rate of only 1 or 2 pounds each week. Sudden weight loss can make the fatty liver problem worse with the addition of liver inflammation.
So, reversing fatty liver disease and inflammation involves slow weight loss through an increase in physical activity and a change in diet.
Improve your liver health by:
- Not abusing alcohol
- Not abusing the use of medications, especially acetaminophen
- Not eating foods high in saturated fats or hydrogenated oils
- Not eating foods that have a high sugar content
- Staying away from highly processed foods like white flour, white bread or white rice
- Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables
- And eating whole grain breads and brown rice in moderation.
For additional information, see Fatty Liver Diet.
(links on this page are sponsored affiliate links, the owner is not a bonafide user of this product and receives commission for sales made.